Printer-friendly Page

Club History

 

Previous to 1971 youth soccer was operated exclusively under the Essex County Youth Soccer Association, and senior soccer under a separate association. When the Ontario Soccer Association mandated that the youth and senior levels be administered as one, the Windsor Soccer Club was formed to continue those functions which do not come under the responsibility of the association, such as forming teams and operating a league.

Windsor Soccer Club is the largest soccer club in Essex County.  It is run entirely by volunteers on a year round basis.  In April 2012 we received OSA's Club Excellence Silver Award, this follows up our Bronze accomplisment in 2009.  Windsor Soccer Club is Essex County's only full service club to have this distinction.

WSC is governed by the Board of Directors whose members are elected by team delegates each year at the club's Annual General Meeting.  The Board is operating within the bounds of the Constitution, along with rules and regulations which are reviewed and amended each year at our Annual General Meeting.

Our office is located at 1215 Walker Road Unit 8. We play all our games at the Ford Test Track Park located on the south side of Seminole St. approximately six blocks east of Walker Road.